I got a little board this summer, and decided to do a couple of projects. This is a simple project that I have been meaning to do for a couple of years now.
It is easy to do. All you need is a painting. I picked this one up at a thrift store. I wanted something to put in my bathroom. The bathroom is a beach theme. The colors in this picture worked great with this theme.
- Pick a saying. I used Pinterest to pick my saying, but anything will work. “Roll with the Tide” is perfect for my bathroom.
- Design & cut out the letters. I drew mine by hand, but you can use a printer. Just be sure they are big enough.
- Glue the letters on the painting. Be sure and use a stencil glue. This way the letters are easy to peal off once it is painted.
- Spray paint the picture. Choose a color that will work with the room and colors in the painting. I chose the color egg.
- Peal off the letters. Be sure the picture is good and dry. I used tweezers to pill of the letters. They worked great.
- Frame your work of art. My husband made the frame for me, and I painted it with an off white.
I love the way it looks in my bathroom!!